Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    En route BALI, Indonesia

    August 1, 2017 in Indonesia ⋅ 🌬 26 °C

    On August 1st (aka my Mum's Birthday), we flew to Bali.

    We got up at 5.15, cleaned the room a bit (I want a good guest review on Air BnB haha!), and walked to the monorail to get the first one of the day (6 am) to KL Sentral (that is how they spell it ... not me being stupid haha!).

    When we got to KL Sentral, we got the bus to the airport, and arrived at 7.20 for our 9.05 am flight. Although we had left basically 2 hours allowance time, we ended up being so rushed to the point that at 8.55 am we were still not at the gate!! The queues were so big. The queue for check in took over half an hour, then we had to queue up for immigration for another half an hour ... and then security. We also had to get a bus to the terminal ... and then there was more security. So as you can imagine, we were pretty panicked. But all was fine, we made the plane!! (We are now in Bali).

    We flew with Malaysia Air again - and this plane was great! We were in seats 'A' and 'C' so assumed we wouldn't even be next to each other, but it turns out there were 2 seats on the left side of the plane which were A and C. The seats were so much bigger, we had more leg room, and it was a nice flight. There was some turbulence, but this pilot was so nice as he actually lets you know what is happening and whether we are to expect more etc. Although turbulence is so normal with flying - its nice to have reassurance.

    We landed in Denpasar, Bali at around 12 o clock, got our bags (yay) and we went and met the driver to take us to our next Air BnB: Little Tree Guest House, in Sanur. The journey was about 30 minutes long (cost 200K Indonesian Rupiah). The guest house was massive - huge rooms with a queen size bed (comfiest bed we have ever slept in), air con, and a big outside bathroom (yes ... outside!). It was so lovely. And although it was out the way from where we were going the day after, it was so nice to just have a night where we could catch up on sleep and chill out.

    It was pretty cloudy (and even rained at one point), but at about 3 it started to clear up, so we went to a beach bar: Bamboo beach bar, which was at the back of a big hotel. It was so lovely - we sat all afternoon and had a few drinks and some food (the food wasn't very nice though but the ambience made up for it!).

    Later on, on our way back to the guest house, Hope got shellac done on her toe nails (only cost a fiver ... but it did take 2 hours), and I had a massage whilst waiting (only £3 for 30 minutes!), then we grabbed some food in a small restaurant near to the hotel. We have both now realised that we definitely DO NOT like tofu!!!
    We had a slight encounter with about 6 dogs on the way back (we didn't fancy walking past them in a group so we waited a bit haha).

    We had an early night and ended up having a 12 hour sleep - which was bliss and just what we needed!
    Read more