Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    En route to Canguu

    August 10, 2017 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Sadly the time came to say goodbye to Gili T .... after the 2 hour delay for the boat anyway!

    We woke up early to pack and check out. We left our bags in reception whilst we went to the beach.

    We had our last breakfast back at the Banyan Cafe - Hope had a big fresh salad which she said was amazing (however she couldn't get rid of the taste or smell of garlic all day haha) and I had the avocado on toast again.
    We had a great morning - we kayaked over to Gili Meno which was so much fun (but hard coming back against the current).

    Then we went back to the hostel, showered, had some lunch, and chilled out before making our way to the boat port to check in and wait for the boat (stopping at shops on the way of course to get some lovely things). They say to arrive early at 2.30 ish ... which we did .... but the boat didn't arrive until 4.30 (so annoying!!!). Then it took ages to put our bags on, ages to get moving, and we stopped for ages at the other Gili islands. The boat was so rocky as it was quite windy and getting dark - but we eventually arrived (7 pm!!!).

    We originally booked a guesthouse in Canguu because it is right near to Finns Beach Club, and we thought we would end up going there (which of course we didn't as it was so late!). We had a free shuttle to Canguu but it was the final stop (even after the airport) so would have taken 3 hours which we couldn't be bothered for. So we shared a taxi with another girl, for 170 rupiah each, and it took half the time.

    The guesthouse wasn't great - we had a small blanket to SHARE and it was a small 3/4 bed. But it was cheap. The owner said he would take us to the airport in the morning for just 200 rupiah so we booked that for 10 o clock (for our 12.55 pm flight to Kuala Lumpur, where we were getting our flight to the next destination; Borneo).

    Great morning, followed by a day of traveling!
    Read more