Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Cunnamulla

    June 15, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    BB and I packed up first for once, so we all met at our own pace at the Cunnamulla Bakery for coffee, before setting off. Nice bakery and before I could blink there was BB tucking into his 1st Vanilla Slice for the trip, his breakfast 😊We were following Mad Dog & Polly Waffle and 1 hr into 2.5hr drive to Charleville, they ducked off the Mitchell Highway for a pit stop, we all followed. It was apparently more of an emergency stop, as Polly flew out of their car sprinted at full speed across the road and almost ran through the door of the Wyandra Caravan Park-Café, she was amazing. 😊We all followed her in and out the back of the Cafe to the Pk and toilets. . Glen ‘the owner’ was most pleased that there were (4) vans parked out the front $$$. We told him we were all enroute to Charleville he quickly convinced us all to book into ‘his’ caravan park and not go straight thru. His deal could not be matched just $20 a night and there were sites available that were privately fenced for our dogs. (None of us have dogs with us but that did not seem to matter to the others) ha ha . Not only that, he tells us about the Happy Hour each night, a communal bonfire, Movie later that night for ‘free’ in his Theatre, a private bar selling wine and Beers for just $5 each. Yes, winning again!!
    ( well after all BB’s 4 cartons in the van will keep). I was a bit dubious about the ‘ Movie Theatre as the surroundings indicated it might be a small room with a big Telly playing a re run of ‘Lassie” or movies of him as a baby but, you know it was free and the others were keen. (The movie ended up being a black and white film). We were told cash was good, so out came the wallets set up he said then come back into the Cafe his ’ ladies’ had seen us pull up and had freshly made Scones and Coffee ready for us. How good is this!! . Everyone else went to the Cafe, I had to clean up all the stuff in our van that had come out of cupboards but I joined them later. BB went as he can not resist a Scone. he later said he got “s- conned” for $10 for 1 x Scone and a Coffee. Whilst our group were eating Glen brought out a Menu for dinner, next thing all had ordered a meal and paid up front in cash “to make things easy” (and maybe not change our minds as he was doing the cooking#!! . Now that was really funny as everyone had been talking about how much food and meat they still had in their vans!! I was proud of BB as he only ordered Chips @ a cost of $6 as we had planned to eat leftovers, so he was not s-conned again but so far we had spent $36.00. The others were already up for near $80. This was no ordinary Caravan Park this guy had thought up every means to fleece money from unsuspecting Caravaners ha ha :-) This was a Post Office/Cafe/Caravan Park/Private Bar/ Second hand shop/some hardware and camping items/ $15 car or van wash, it was your one stop shop and we all reckon by the end of the stay it had cost each couple about $120 maybe more depending on how much you drank! I am sure he was happy when ‘we left’. We are now in Charleville on our 2nd night. We shopped, checked out the Bowling Club, had lunch at the RSL another great day. Tomorrow we travel to Blackall for 2 nights. It is getting warmer, loving the blue skies. I ‘almost’ put shorts on today, I wore thongs (on my feet that is) and there are flies about.
    Read more