Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    The morning after & Walking Dead tour

    October 24, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    11.30am
    Thankfully we managed to get our accommodation sorted. Mel finally got hold of our rep who said she would get on the case straight away. She phoned us back within 30mins to say she had spoken to the hotel & everything was sorted. We went back down to reception to confirm & they added the nights on to our room keys, phew!!!

    We then decided to go for a stroll to get our bearings & to get some fresh air to calm down. We passed the restaurant we ate at on our last tour & thought we might go there another night. We didn’t go in anywhere as we were tired, so we went back to hotel.

    We tried to find the new episode of Walking Dead to watch, but none of our UK apps would work & we couldn’t download the USA apps. I’m sure there are ways around it but we couldn’t be bothered to look. Think we were both in bed with the lights out by 9.30pm, we did watch some of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ but all the bloody ad breaks got annoying so we turned it off. We fell asleep listening to the rain (not actual rain, the TV had a sleep sound channel!), it was very calming but I did wake up in the middle of the night & thought bloody hell it is raining hard out there!!

    I was awake just after 7, caught up on my messages from where we we sending help to Virgin about our accommodation! Then had nice shower & got changed. As we are on the Walking Dead Zombie Tour today we decided we would have to watch the new episode of the Walking Dead somehow so I paid to download the ep to iTunes, which we watched before leaving the hotel.

    Actual spoiler free conversation whilst watching the episode:
    Mel: How does Father Gabriel keep his dog collar so white?
    Me: He must use Daz

    We are currently sat in the Atlanta Movie Tour shop, waiting for our tour, we got here an hour early as we walked & we didn’t know exactly where we were going! But as a plus it is a beautiful day out, bright sunny day & blue skies. So should be a great day!

    5.15pm
    Current sat in Nic & Norman’s bar in Senoia waiting for food & drinks, we are starving! 🍔🍟🥛

    The Big Zombie Tour 2 was fun, we paid to upgrade to the VIP tour which meant that Cooper Andrews (who plays Jerry from the Kingdom) was on our bus, plus the meal & transport to & from Senoia. I think we were possibly the only people on our bus not attending Atlanta Walker Stalker Con which is being held this weekend!

    On our way from Atlanta to Senoia the bus showed an episode from S3 of Walking Dead as we would be visiting some of the locations in the episode.
    We got to Senoia aka Woodbury with about 45mins to spare so we were able to explore & we went to see the outskirts of the Alexandria set.
    On the bus, Copper & our tour guide (Hilltop) Josh were happy to answer questions & tell us about their experiences of filming the show. We pulled up by several filming locations, & got out at two. The first was the building where the walker fighting ring was set up by the Governor & the second was where Rick & The Governor meet, plus where *spoiler without giving too much away* Daryl & Meryl say a final goodbye. We got some cool photos with Cooper!
    Plus it was just interesting driving around as it is such a beautiful scenic part of Georgia.

    Senoia is lovely & quaint, although you can see all of the Walking Dead influences & tourists it doesn’t seem to have lost its charm which is lovely to see. I do wonder how all the residents feel about it all though.

    Just eaten & the food was lovely, we both had chicken burgers & fries, and we were starving! We didn’t eat a proper meal yesterday so was good to have some decent food.

    9.15pm
    Back at the hotel, absolutely shattered! The tour was well worth it though, i’m glad we finally got to go on one! Copper signed photos for us all & made an effort to come & chat to us all. The tour was very organised & I would recommend the company to anyone visiting Atlanta.

    Right hot chocolate & sleep as we have another tour in the morning.
    Read more