Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Final full day in Nashville

    November 1, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    12.25pm
    Currently sat in the Wildhorse Saloon, listening to a band do their sound check.

    We went to the ‘Patsy Cline’ museum this morning. It is on the floor above Johnny Cash museum & has a similar lay out & feel to it. I came away feeling really moved & not going to lie I did tear up a couple times. I didn’t quite realise how much she achieved in her short life, I still can’t believe she was only 30 when she was killed in a plane crash. She seemed much older & wiser than her years. There was lots of memorabilia, Patsy was a keen scrapbooker so all her personal photos & memories had been scanned so you could look through them all on an iPad. You got a real feeling about the kind of person she was. Her daughter Julie was in the museum chatting to guests, so it goes to show how closely the families work with the museum & the respect held for the person & their personal artefacts.
    When we left the museum we popped into the ‘Goo Goo’ store - not that I would ever be able to eat any of their stuff as they contain nuts, mainly peanuts & we all know peanuts are evil.

    1.50pm
    Sat in the Hard Rock cafe. Ordered steaks for lunch & non alcoholic cocktails (it is still a bit early!). We ended up leaving the Wildhorse as there was nothing due to happen until around 6pm. We thought they held line dancing throughout the day & would have been nice for Mel to line dance in Nashville, I may have even gave it a try, but obviously today was not the day! So instead we went for a walk after lunch along the pedestrian bridge, the views were really nice.

    11.30pm
    Lunch in the Hard Rock cafe was nice, we had the Oreo cheesecake for desert, was yummy but I couldn’t eat it all!
    After lunch we just wandered, went in shops to get gifts & bits for home. We called into Alan Jackson’s bar - ‘AJs Good Time Bar’, there were a couple singing & it was nice to sit & chill.

    We caught the 6.15pm shuttle back to the hotel & then decided we really should start packing. At 8pm we popped to the bar for a drink & listen to the acts playing there ‘Brassfield Alley’ & ‘Brianna Alomar’. I really enjoyed both acts, easy listening & very talented, especially Brianna as she is only 16. Would be nice to see if either of them make it big in the future.

    Oh we found out why Wildhorse was so quiet & bands sound-checking. Tonight was the final of the NashNext competition to find Country’s new next star.

    Back to more packing & bed, sad that the holiday is at an end.
    Read more