Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    36 Hours in Dublin

    November 3, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Well, to say we hit the ground running is an understatement. We joined our traveling pilgrims at the Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin and proceeded to the very first of many pints of Guinness in Dublin. We were excited to hear the stories from our friends that have been following the Way of Saint Francis for the past 5 weeks and celebrate this monumental achievement.

    We played our favorite ‘left bar/right bar’ game and met up with some women from Manchester who decided to have a fun day in Ireland - and flew over to shop and have some “Porn Star martinis” in Dublin. It was an excellent afternoon.

    We checked into our Aparthotel - Staycity Dublin Castle and migrated to Etto for an amazing dinner. Highly recommend - just steps from the Shelbourne and so quaint - so absolutely perfect to end our first few hours in Dublin.

    We woke up this morning - grabbed some coffee and a snack before we boarded our chartered tour of Wicklow. Our driver Sean recommended a visit to the Irish National Stud & Gardens. We learned about the Irish thoroughbreds and toured a Japanese Garden on the property - completing the Path of Life within the garden.

    We then had the opportunity for a pint and some traditional Irish Food at the Highest Pub in Ireland - Johnny Fox’s. What a treat to enjoy some Beef & Guinness Pie and Fish & Chips - such rich history and such amazing people.

    We finished our day at Darkey Kelley’s & the Brazen Head - Dublin’s Oldest Pub!
    Read more