Satellite
Show on map
  • Preparing for the send off!

    February 9, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 59 °F

    I thank this rainy day today for finally getting me to write my first journal entry. This has been a task I have been wanting to accomplish for the past couple months. It would have been pretty cool to look back on the journals from the past couple months but I guess the more exciting stuff is to come anyways! So cheers to the beginning of the Clam Shack journal!

    It's been since mid-November now since we bought the Clam Shack and what a day that was! Biggest check we have ever wrote in our lives. Yesterday, while we were enjoying a glass of wine we took a moment to acknowledge all that we have accomplished in just a few short months. Keeping in mind, that in just a week or two we will be sailing away from Fort Lauderdale and taking our first sail trip to the Bahamas! From learning how to become a plumber, electrician, AC/fridge repairman, water maker installer and let's not forget the most important task, learning how to SAIL, its been quite the journey already. & let me tell you, we wouldn't trade it for anything! Carson has been so incredible with his ability to learn all of these new trades. I had no doubt that he wouldn't be able to figure it all out. I mean heck, why do you think i am marrying him!? Obviously, i am kidding... but it is an awesome bonus to have a handsome man, i mean handyman ;) I don't think there has been a day that goes by that we haven't smiled from ear to ear with excitement on the life we have chosen. Even with the ups and downs of getting the boat prepped for our travels we are the happiest we have ever been. We have never been more ready to get this new life started!

    This week has been one of the best! Our solar panel arch finally went up yesterday AND as i sit here now, Carson just came storming down into the cabin to give me awesome news, our lithium installation is 95% complete which means everything may be completed in just a couple days!! We weren't expecting them to be done until late next week! Fortunately, we got our new sail up today, I completed all the provisioning on board and Carson is finishing up small misc projects but we have already prepared ourselves to be ready to roll once they are complete! SO like i said before, this has been THE BEST week! We are just days away now from sailing off!!
    Read more