Satellite
Show on map
  • Update from Fort Lauderdale

    February 13, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 66 °F

    Woke up this morning to a beautiful rain shower. The skies are a firey orange/pink. Even trapped between the canals of houses and high rise condo's you can still find beauty. Although, we are SO ready to get out of this town. It was the perfect location for us to be while we prep our boat. There is every possible boat store you could ever need here! West Marine and Amazon has been our go to places every week for supplies. It's going to be weird not having that when you need it out there. Ft Lauderdale is just so busy everywhere! Honking cars, traffic everywhere, beaches and sidewalks packed so much that it reminds me of a theme park. After living here for a few months its going to be quite the culture shock. Remote islands with limited roads, cars, supplies, produce... As weird as this may sound, that is the challenge I honestly cannot wait for. I feel like it brings you back to reality. People, including myself, get so caught up in the materialistic things that you forget as Carson would say... " We are all just spinning around on a rock in the middle of a universe." It's time to break out of our comfort zones and experience real life!

    So little update on what we have been up to the past few days. There has been a lot of electricians on the boat finalizing the lithium/solar project. They ran into some complications with our AC/DC connections and we have been warned that we will be without power for a couple days next week but they are still on track to complete the project mid next week! We figured we would take the opportunity to take one last visit over to Naples to see family and maybe some friends if we have time. We are also having Roxanne, an event planner and close friend I worked for at the age of 18 until I was through college, come over to my Dad's house to walk the property because we have decided to do our wedding there next year! A couple days ago, we briefly put a wedding list together and we were already at nearly 200 people!! It's going to be a party!

    Yesterday, Carson got stuck in a project that was supposed to be fairly simple which turned into an all day project for our freshwater outdoor shower. He is such a perfectionist that if it's not perfect he has redo the entire thing. He knows that this is where most showers will be taken out there so its worth it to make the best possible design. I put away the rest of the provisions in the port fwd cabin and organized what I call "Kendra's garage" (starboard side storage compartment). Carson's "garage's" are the two front hatches so I claimed this one as mine. 😁 While I was putting away the rest of the provisions, i found a compartment that we have never gone through before. In it, was a brand new sail and lines! We think it's a spinnaker sail but Carson still has to do more research to figure out what exactly it is. That was a nice big surprise! That storage compartment it was in has now just become our wine cellar. Today we are going to go stock up on more wines to put down there. I wrapped the bottles in our ski socks to keep them from breaking. If we wanted to we could fit like 6 cases of wine in there but that may be a little excessive. My Nana and Aunt Karen may think otherwise... 😉 We have been told to always have cases of canned beer on board as it makes for good trade off's with the Bahamians. Been in the Bahama's is ridiculously expensive!
    Read more