Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Silver Muse Day 7 - Skagway

    June 19, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 61 °F

    Today we moored in the small town of Skagway. We had breakfast on the ship and tendered to the pier. The excursion of the day was to a dog musher camp in the mountains. The weather was extraordinary again, bright sun and warm. We walked through a meadow to proceed to the camp. We rode in a German made MOG (think Jurassic Park tour) up to the musher camp. We immediately were put in sleds of 6 people and 13 dogs and off we went!!! So fun. After the ride, they gave a presentation and off to the shark tank (aka puppies that bite). After viewing the biting predators we were presented with 5 week old Alaskan Husky puppies to hold (they checked our pockets before we left) so adorable!

    The bus dropped us off in downtown Skagway and we went to the Skagway Brewing Company where we drank the world renowned Spruce Tipped Ale (which supposedly contains your recommended daily dose of vitamin C). It’s very important to stay healthy on a cruise! We then walked through the town (3 square blocks) and then back on the ship where our butler placed our afternoon bottle of champagne and snacks. What an amazing day….again.
    Read more