Satellite
  • Day 4

    Oh Niagara!

    June 22, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    160 Miles travelled.
    Our coach was due to leave the Dragon city shopping mall in Chinatown at 08.30. At 08.02 I got a call from Alex the guide wanting to know where we were! After legging it for a bit we climbed the stairs of the coach to be met with a sea of Chinese faces. The journey was uneventful other than to try to understand Alex’s rather thick Chinese accent.

    The first sight of the falls is obviously impressive. The sun highlighting the white roaring water with plumes of spray hovering above a watery amphitheater. Heather and I walked across the Rainbow bridge and after completing formalities we were in the USA. Heather brought a charm from the Hard Rock Cafe we took some photos of the falls (side on) then we high tailed it back to Canada. It’s very easy to compare the behaviour of the Americans and the Canadians and there are differences. One is verbally and visually direct and the other is calmer and less demonstrative. Which unusually is a contrast to both areas close to the falls. The US side is a national park while the area of Clifton hill on the Canadian side is the worst kind cheap seaside Amusements you can think of.

    The trip back to Toronto was long and tedious as it was rush hour and people were dropped off before us. We did visit a winery where the red was nice but not exceptional however the hard sell was ice wine (google how it’s made) which the Chinese brought in droves. It wasn’t pleasant to my taste buds. Last off the coach and into a dim sum restaurant we were starving.
    Read more