Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 2 Frankfurt, Germany

    December 9, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    Have spent last night and today exploring Frankfurt. Our accommodation is The Sheraton Hotel Offenbach. So after arriving yesterday afternoon we set off walking mid afternoon,thinking we were in Frankfurt, only to find out much later that we were 10km away and Offenbach is a district. A visit to a very small Christmas market, a cup of hot wine and a German sausage for dinner was as much as we could manage before crawling into bed at 6.45pm, very jet lagged !
    This morning we were up at 7 am and by 9am we were on an underground train to Frankfurt. All very tricky as simply no one speaks English and all the signage and instructions are in German. Our day in Frankfurt included a Hop on Hop off bus trip, focusing on sky scrapers of which there are many. Then several hours at an amazing and huge Christmas market and yet another German sausage, time in The Galleria, a beautiful department store and a beautiful croissant and coffee late afternoon in a lovely cafe. The weather had been fine and mild all day but by then was raining. Our walk back to the train station was a bit exhausting thanks to the hundreds of people out and about and also ended up in the heart of the Red district by accident- not a good place to be on a cold wet and dark afternoon! Pleased to be on the train back and decided to eat in the restaurant here. Not sure what we will do until 4 pm tomorrow when we meet our tour group as most things shut on Sundays. All in all a great day and again amazed by the size of these big cities and the amount of people everywhere.
    Read more