Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 3 Franfurt, Germany

    December 10, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    Another great day spent in Frankfurt. We got up and ate a good breakfast in the hotel before tackling the Frankfurt underground train for the second time. Arrived in town about 10 30am and headed off walking in sunshine down both sides of the banks of the River Main, which was very cool and gave gorgeous views up and down Frankfurt showing both old and new architecture.
    We then walked to the Christmas Market to realise we’d only seen about half it yesterday. We also discovered the Romberg old town centre and saw the most amazing massive Christmas tree. We shared a cup of mulled wine and a bag of delicious little donuts while wandering around amongst literally thousands of people. We then walked back to the substation for the train journey back to the hotel. At 4 pm we joined our tour group in the hotel foyer and after the quick “icebreaker” we boarded the Trafalgar bus for yet another trip to the city and back to the Christmas market. It was by now dark and only 5pm and even more people were there and you could hardly move. We had never been in such a big crowd. The giant Christmas tree had come to life with lights, the two storey merry—go-round was stunning and the smells and atmosphere incredible. We bought a mug each of mulled wine and sat at a bench enjoying the experience. We then made our way back to the bus thankfully knowing our way around by now. Back at the hotel we enjoyed dinner with a couple from Los Angeles. The bus leaves at 8am in the morning so will have to be up early to leave for Nuremberg.
    Read more