Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 3

    April 24 London

    24 de abril, Inglaterra ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    We both slept well but woke a bit stiff and sore after our exercise the previous day. The day dawned sunny but the temperature never got above 10 degrees and with the wind chill it felt considerably colder.

    First stop of the day was Buckingham Palace which was impressive but standing for over an hour to watch the changing of the guards was a bit underwhelming. After that we walked a couple of kms before catching a taxi to the Tower of London. We did a tour with a Beefeater which was very informative and entertaining. We then looked around the grounds taking the history before walking up to the Sky Garden for a late lunch. The view was great and we both enjoyed the experience although we felt the food perhaps did not match the price.

    After our late lunch we walked across London Bridge to Hayes Market and the Borough Markets for a look around before walking back to our flat and crashing.

    A big couple of days to start our trip. London is fabulous and exceeded my expectations. It is very walkable and there is just so much history and architecture to take in. The squirrel in the last photo was sitting in a barbers chair before being given a peanut and exiting the shop with his prize.
    Leia mais