Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Munich, Germany

    September 22, 2015 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 63 °F

    We woke up late-ish and got dressed in our trachten (traditional dress: lederhosen and dirndl). We went to Theriesenweise and walked around. The first Tuesday of the fest is family day so there were lots of children and even a lot of school trips around. We made the terrible mistake of not eating much and only had a cheese sausage. We would come to regret not eating more. We took many outdoor photos of each of the tents but stopped into the Hacker Festzelt tent which is known for it's beautiful cloud ceiling. We sat at a table being used for filming a German TV show but they allowed us to sit down until they arrived, which ended up being from 10am to noon. We moved to a table with some Munich locals who were very kind but we didn't have much room to sit down. In total we each had 3 liters of beer and were feeling quite drunk when we left around 12:30 or 1.

    We somehow made our way back to the hotel, which was luckily by the Munich Hbf we we could follow signs. We both passed out and stayed there until 9pm. We ordered room service of a pasta dish which we barely ate because we were so hungover and still a little drunk.

    Lessons learned: not enough food/water prior to going into the tents, too fast consumption of beer. Regular beer is too strong for such long-term drinking but tents do sell railer (half beer, half lemonade) or non-alcoholic beer for the same price. Prices in the tents: 10.30 euro/beer, 4.90-5.10 euro/huge pretzel, 12.00-20.00 euro/ average dinner.
    Read more