Satellite
Show on map
  • Seattle

    May 14, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 55 °F

    Our day started with a 5am cab ride to Logan. We had a direct flight to Seattle on Jet Blue, arriving at 10am PST. $60 cab ride to the hotel (for the group of 6). We made our way to the Taphouse Grille for lunch, a place that had 160 beers on tap. The food was good and we were still feeling energized to conquer Seattle. Of course, a Starbucks on every corner helped!

    While Casey and Rich took a quick nap, Myron and I went to the hotel gym for a half hour and got in an unplanned workout....treadmill run for me and bike for Myron. The hotel gym at the Westin was pretty awesome and was completely empty at the time we went.

    At 5pm, we started the brewery tour in the Ballard area with Rich and Casey. It started at the Peddler Brewing Company where we each got a flight of 4 beers. This was a cool space with a room that opened to the outside. It was a beautiful day. Next, we walked to the Bergschrund / NW Peaks Brewery which was a small bar with an even smaller outdoor patio. We snagged the only table outside and enjoyed a pint. We played a game that earned us a cookie that was made with beer. The third stop was Reuben's Brews which boasted a huge taproom and huge outdoor patio. We had another pint here and collected our goodie bags which included a lot of coupons and two glasses. We had bought the tickets in advance in support of the Washington Brewshed Alliance and expected beer to be included in the ticket price ($20) but there was no beer included, just discounts at some of the breweries. It was a fun evening but not what we expected.

    After we left the pub crawl, we took an uber over to Fremont Brewing Company, which had a "Back to the Future" IPA, on recommendation from the tour guide at the pub crawl. We walked down a few blocks from there to the Red Door to have dinner, since none of the breweries had any options for food and we still hadn't eaten yet. We took an uber back to the hotel and called it a night.
    Read more