Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    At Sea

    May 17, 2015, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 50 °F

    This was our only sea day and it was nice after a busy few days in Seattle!

    We slept in until 8am and had breakfast delivered to enjoy on our balcony, which backfired by being too cold. A quick trip to the gym with some adventure on the treadmill. It is very hard to run on a treadmill while the ship is moving and rocking so much. We really only experienced the severe rocking on the sea day because we were out on the open ocean.

    The sea day passed lazily. We found ourselves at trivia at 1:30 and Bingo at 4. Sherilyn won $315 and Sharon won $419. The payouts were much better on this ship than they were on NCL, and the cost was only $35 for 6 chances at 4 games. Prior to the Bingo game, we watched a movie about the culture and traditions of native Alaskans in the theatre. We wandered around the ship quite a bit. After Bingo, our family gathered in the Crow's Nest to take a family photo with our Alaska shirts.

    The ladies went to formal night in the MDR. Guys went to the lido buffet since none of them brought jackets. Later, we learned that almost none of the men in the MDR were wearing jackets, but they didn't really care as the Lido had the same food as the MDR most of the time. The food was great..surf and turf and escargot for Sherilyn. We met up with the group in the casino and I played the penny slots for a bit before bed at 11pm.
    Read more