Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Ketchikan, Alaska

    May 21, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 61 °F

    The day started with a 5am alarm again. We had breakfast in the Lido buffet and went ashore at 7:30. The dock was right in downtown Ketchikan. We met up with Shona of Island Wings. Because of the fog, our flight was delayed so we re-arranged our day. In the meantime, we shopped and bought local art by Candace Kelley. Her sister Maida Kelley also sells art at the same tiny roadside stand and it was definitely unique..not like the mass-produced art touted by the ship. We also bought chocolates at Ketchicandies - AWESOME!, salmon treats for our kitty and patches/pins for our luggage.

    We met up with Shona again at 10am and drove to their dock. Michelle was our pilot and passengers were Sherilyn, Myron, Diane, Nana, Dan & Noreen. Approx. 1 hour flight to Misty Fjords National Monument. We got to go ashore and take a few photos. Myron was in the co-pilot seat on the way there and switched with Dan for the way home. Tour was absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, Dave, Linda, Matti and Don's tour was cancelled entirely due to the fog and they were unable to get another tour later in the day.

    All aboard was at 12:30 (too early!!) and we went to the Lido deck for the Salmon Feast for lunch. Myron & Sherilyn went to the gym for a half hour and we showered and changed for happy hour. Happy hour at the crow's nest at 4pm with games and relaxing til dinner at 7pm. We went to the Lido buffet for dinner tonight as we didn't have enough time to go to the MDR. We played more games in the Crow's Nest until the bar crawl started at 9:30. This tour included 4 stops over the course of an hour, with drinks at each bar. It was too much alcohol and we left most of it without drinking. Overall, didn't think it was the greatest idea to have it so late at night after a day of drinking. We went to the casino for a short while before going to bed around midnight.
    Read more