Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Brussels, Belgium

    June 9, 2012 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 57 °F

    Breakfast was pastries and OJ since S was feeling sick with a head cold/flu. Wandered around the local area, got tea with honey from a juice bar.

    Our bike tour started at 10AM at Grand Place. Rode through the town, saw Mannekin Pis and view of Brussels from atop a large hill. Biking was very difficult for S due to cobblestones and head cold and hills. Had lunch of frites and beer and met two nice people traveling through Western Europe, one from Texas and one from malaysia. Visited the E.U. headquarters. S fell off her bike while going over a curb and was helped by fellow bikers but was very embarrassed. After the bike tour we bought many beers and chocolates for us and friends at home.

    Spent the rest of the day packing and getting ready for flights. Dinner was at an upscale burger place called Hedges on Rue Dominican behind the aggressive shitty tourist places. S got a burger with camembert, onion chutney shiitake mushrooms and truffle mayo. M got a burger with mozzarella, pesto mayo,sundries tomatoes and arugala. Fries came with a blue mayo. Dinner was real good, restaurant was nice/upscale, good atomosphere. We would absolutely go back here. Best burger to this day.

    -Myron
    Read more