Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    London

    March 13, 2016 in England ⋅ ⛅ 48 °F

    Woke up early again (6am) and spent about an hour getting to LHR from our apartment. We had a lot more stuff coming home than we did going to London so we had to check our luggage. Our flight was uneventful but we had the two middle seats in the middle of two other people, so that was kind of crappy. Still managed to get up and walk around a lot though. Made it back to Boston mid-day and managed to do ok with jet lag and stayed up until 8pm.

    Overall a great trip. London is a very safe city and we felt great walking around. The tube was very convenient and prices were similar to other large cities. Would definitely get a weekly pass again especially with the 2for1 offers at the expensive attractions (St. Pauls, Westminster, London Eye, Florence Nightingale Museum, Greenwich walking tour, Cutty Sark, Tower of London). The free museums were great too (British Museum, British Library, Natural History Museum, V&A Museum). Local markets were a great place to try different foods and we really enjoyed eating at Greenwich market and Borough Market. Staying in an apartment rather than a hotel and buying groceries was a great deal. We saved a ton of money on breakfast and lunches because we weren't eating out every day (at least 200 pounds). I felt more sore than expected because of the pregnancy but was still able to do many things. Overall we went a little over our budget of $5000 but still felt like we had a successful trip and budgeted well. It was not difficult to do London justice with that budget.
    Read more