Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4,839

    North conway, NH

    August 31, 2019 ⋅ ☁️ 50 °F

    We drove up to North Conway on Saturday 8/31 for Labor Day weekend. We left around 8am right after breakfast at home and didn’t hit much traffic. We found parking across from the community center in downtown North Conway and walked around a bit. There were a lot of yard sales and craft fairs going on but we didn’t get anything. We used the bathrooms in the community center (free). Playground in the center of town was very convenient and Maggie had fun running around for a half hour.

    We tried getting into Conway scenic railroad but all the tickets were sold out. Next time!! We went to Flatbread Co. for lunch and got a couple pizzas. Delicious, unique combinations. We stopped at 18°C for icecream and went to Zebs general store to pick up a few things. We stopped into the Toy Chest and Maggie got a train which she has played with ever since.

    After shopping we returned to the car since all the parking lots are 2 hour limits. We left North Conway and went to Diana’s baths which was too busy and the parking lots were full. We ended up at Echo Lake state park which had a lovely beach and hiking options. We changed into bathing suits at their bath house and went swimming and laid in the sand for a bit. $8 to park but it was a nice way to break up the day. We left there around 3 to check into our hotel.

    We stayed at the Seasons at Attitash resort, unit 3A. It was a nice condo, well stocked and had 2bath, 2 beds. Lots of games and movies plus a full kitchen. Maggie played for a bit while we relaxed and went out around 5 to get dinner and groceries. We stopped at Grants shop n save close by and got a few breakfast items and milk for coffee. Maggie wasn’t behaving well so we ended up back at the condo and ate chicken salad sandwiches for dinner. She went to bed around 7 and we played board games until 9.
    Read more