Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Uno Port

    January 4, 2018 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 4 °C

    After our emotional day in Hiroshima, and a couple of hours of train travel we were very happy to arrive in the very welcoming Uno Port Inn. This place has some of the feel of a youth hostel - a shared lounge, friendly staff and fellow guests, but is also very comfortable with a warm room, crispy white sheets and comfy yakatas supplied. The rooms are all named after Japanese film directors, and we are in "Ozu". Uno Port is on the edge of the Seto Inland Sea which is dotted with Islands - some tiny, some huge (you need a car to get from one side to the other). The Islands are famous for art - films, painting and sculptures.
    Tired and grubby as we were after our travels we were keen to try the recently opened onsen down the road from the Inn. It turned out to be a most luxurious experience. Built around a natural spring it had a number of baths, spas and tubs (indoor and outdoor) as well as massage chairs and (for Ivy and I) a row of hairdryers and beauty creams and products for apres bath. We all met back up fresh and squeaky clean in our yakatas and had dinner at the onsen restaurant. The perfect finish to a long day and we all slept well side by side on our cosy futons.
    Read more