Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Our Trip Begins

    April 28, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We left on Friday the 28th and since then we've driven 2200 km averaging 314 km per day. We have also, by the end of the day, spent 29 hours in the car averaging 4 hours and 8 1/2 minutes per day.
    It was sad saying goodbye to Rosie my cat, Rogan the family cat and Zack Ben's dog but are very glad that Izzy is there to look after them.
    So far we've spent most our time on the road but when not on the road we've managed to go to our friends house in Melbourne, go to the MCG to watch Carlton Vs Sydney ( Carlton won ) and go to Taronga Zoo in Dubbo NSW.
    The first night when we were on the boat none of us had a very good sleep. The next night we stayed at our friends house in Melbourne and from there we headed up to Narrandera and stayed at Old Brewery Flats on the Murrumbidgee river, on the first day of driving we had made it to NSW. The border between Victoria and NSW is the Murray River we stopped at the border for lunch and a fish. The next day we had a short drive to Dubbo. We stopped at Dubbo for a rest day, on our rest day we went to the zoo. At the zoo we went to lots of talks about the animals. We also got to see some animals getting fed. Our dad told us that we could pick any animal to do a mini project on, I chose Asian Elephants. As we were driving up from Dubbo we saw some white stuff on the side of the road, we discovered that it was cotton and learnt a bit about cotton farming. We also saw lots of big trucks with cotton bales on them and some cool models of the planets in our solar system. Last night we stayed at road side stop in Goondiwindi and today we are driving up to our Uncles farm in Boompa.
    Read more