Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 105

    Lake Argyle

    August 10, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Thursday 10-8
    We decided to go to Lake Argyle today so we set off and we went up to a lookout and had a look at Lake Argyle and the dam. When they built the dam, they built it 67 metres above the surface and when we looked at it it was about 15 metres above the surface of the water. After we’d finished looking over the lookout we drove across the dam to the picnic area. W.A. time is an hour and a half later than N.T. so we had a little snack. The people on the table next to us offered a chicken drumstick around and dad and I couldn't refuse a drumstick so we shared it between us.
    We then went to the boat ramp and had a little swim, we were skimming rocks and then one of the cruise boats came in and one of the tour guides came over and said “can you throw a rock in the water without making a splash?” He had a couple of goes except he couldn't do it. He described how to do it. You need to get a small flat rock and back spin it quite hard and it goes in the water with only making bubbles and ripples. At first I wasn't very good except on my fourth go I did it.
    We went to the museum about lake argyle and there were lots of rooms with photos in them and one of the rooms was based on when the big flood came. One of the photos on the wall was of a man standing on his roof with some photographers taking a photo of him.
    Read more