Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

    August 9, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌬 33 °C

    A hard-earned sunrise overlooking the sand dunes to celebrate Angela's birthday. Arose at 4.30am and travelled in the bumpiest 4x4 ride ever to watch the sun rising over the shimmering sands of the Southern Vietnamese Sahara.

    After plucking our limbs out from the 4x4 we were then told it was a quad bike up the dunes to watch the sun rise. Fun, but dodgy as fcuk. Seeing the sun, indeed confirmed Angela was yet again, one year older. We made our way back over the dunes but like 21st Century nomads, have swapped our camels for quads.

    Our tour guide 'Hip', pulled the car over by a pretty spot to take some photos, not of the pretty view it turned out but of us instead. 'Hip' had kept secret that he was an Instagram photographer and decided to delicately place us in a multitude of poses, carefully positioning and folding us like delicate origami before using up all but most of Angela's phone's memory. We continued our tour stopping off at a Dragonfruit farm, and a fishing village, and taking many more pictures on the way. We made our way to the Red dunes, here we sailed down the sands with our heads held high (at least that's what the attached video shows, the rest were of us eating sand). A final stop for a stroll through the fairy stream, before heading back to the hotel for breakfast, and a wonderful coffee.

    Later that evening, we jumped on our motorbike and ventured out for dinner, seeking out the luscious seafood we had seen earlier that day. We found an amazing place to eat by the beach, consumed fine wine, plenty of fish, and Angela was even treated to a bottle of Evian that she so desperately missed. We finished the night drinking cocktails at a beach bar we had stumbled upon, under the palm trees and looking up at the stars.
    Read more