Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Голем град/mamma mia 2

    August 26, 2023 in North Macedonia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    As an alternative for not getting picked up I got offered a different tour to a place called Pelican Island/golem grad. I took the Viktor up on the offer.

    At 8.00 i got picked up and the two other groups (families) also got picked up. We drove past the towns om lake Ohrid to drive into national park Galicia to get great views of the lake. Eventually we went over the mountainpass to see lake Prespa. It was not touristy and mostly nature. After stopping for coffee and going on a rubble road we ended up at the boats in a sleepy village, Коњско.

    The little boat took us to the island where the guide made us lunch in the form of a salad & sandwiches with Ajvar & cheese. We walked around this island where there was notting beside us 10, the many birds, salamanders, turtles and some (poisonous) snakes. The ruins of the many churches were interesting but the silence & nature were amazing.

    Eventually we headed back and stopped at the highest point to overlook the entirety of lake Ohrid, just as it started to rain.

    Back at the hostel I and a few more got dinner & we all spend the evening watching Mamma Mia 2. I stayed up to 1.30 to chat with Eloise (who had to left the next morning) and 3 other girls about every possible subject.
    Read more