Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 29

    Day 6 London

    14 Mei, England ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Today we had a slow start followed by a quiet morning, after our full day yesterday. We’ve booked a full day trip tomorrow to the Cotswold villages. We weren’t far away when we had our first week at Bath, but all tours were fully booked. So even though it’s a reasonably long trip to reach there, we didn’t want to miss out. The pick up point is quite a distance away, and is at 8.15, so we decided today to do a trial run to be confident of getting there in time. Fortunately we just have to go to the nearest underground station, about a 20 minute walk away, and the line goes directly there. We’re now set to go in the morning.

    Our destination station was West Kensington, which is obviously a very upmarket area, with beautiful, gracious apartment blocks. There was also a wide variety of cuisines at the many eating places. So after we had a Turkish lunch, we wandered around the streets, and amazingly found ourselves back in front of this Italian coffee and tiramisu shop. There were eight varieties of tiramisu, but Wok and I had decided to share one, and really couldn’t go past the authentic, original variety. We were served by this lovely bright young pair. I have to say that the coffee was as good as in Italy too. And sharing was a good decision! We made a pact that maybe when we return from our day away, we’d pick up another one on our way past to have for tomorrow night’s dinner. Nothing else, just tiramisu. Mind you, it’s now 7pm and there’s no thought in either of our minds of eating again today!

    We’re really looking forward to tomorrow, and are expecting to have some lovely photos to send you tomorrow evening.
    Baca lagi