Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Restoranas Lokys in Old Town Vilnius

    August 17, 2022 in Lithuania ⋅ ⛅ 84 °F

    Scott and I had dinner at the Restoranas Lokys in Old Town Vilnius. "Lokys" is a second-generation family restaurant, where a brother and sister work together. Brother Evaldas Keršulis took over the restaurant 20 years ago from his mother. Sister Rita Keršulytė–Ryčkova has been a qualified wine sommelier for more than ten years and in 2018 she received a diploma from the prestigious culinary and pastry school, Le Cordon Bleu Grand Diplôme.

    After dinner, we walked around Old Town Vilnius and stopped for ice cream at a small ice cream shop. This was how we ended most of our evenings while we were traveling.

    The restaurant is a home to forest products - mushrooms, berries, nuts, and game - telling the stories of Lithuanian cuisine from the time of the conquests of Vytautas the Great.

    It is the oldest restaurant in the old town of Vilnius, operating since 1972. The restaurant is located in a merchant's house built in the Middle Ages, its Gothic-style cellars date back to the 15th century.

    Scott had wild boar for dinner and I had a salad with a delicious piece of beef. (I am not a game lover.) It was a terrific meal!
    Read more