Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 233

    San Cristóbal de las Casas

    April 29, 2023 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    After an exhausting night (heat and traffic noise) with little sleep we leave our camp at 6am to meet a guy named Martin in San Cristóbal. Martin is an austrian climber living in Mexico for more tan 10 years and bolting many routes around Chiapas (state of Mexico). So he is the guy to meet and ask for climbing infos. After meeting him we went straight to Arcotete, an ecological park where the climbing sector is located. Impressiv overhangs with many stalactites with a river in between in the middle of the jungle! Climbing with little sleep felt hard but we enjoyed it anyways. The crux in Arcotete is not the climbing but how to get back to the ground without getting wet (see the video).
    Between the climbing we had time to get to know Martin, a really nice and cool guy with a funny austrian dialect 😜 Unfortunately we only met him on the first day as on the weekend he was busy and then got sick. Hope to see him again in Peru this summer!!
    That night we spent in the beautiful eco park itself. At 10pm we got waken up by the toilet cleaning guy. He explained that we had to pay him 25 pesos (1.25chf) for the overnight stay and that now he will start pumping the toilet water into the river and the 💩water will flow by next to our car 🙈🙈🙈 luckily we didn't know that fact when we were walking in the river 🤢
    The next day we explored an other climbing sector by ourself and in the afternoon/night discovered the beautiful town. Pictures speak for themselves.
    Read more