Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 235

    Agua Azul

    April 30, 2023 in Mexico ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    It's only a 150km drive from San Cristóbal to Agua Azul but you can move only very slowly because of the 1000 speed bumps and curves. To add some extra spice, it's the MEX 199 road famous for road blocks and robberies. When we checked the trip on the iOverlander app we saw many warnings of incidentes happened to other travelers on this road over the years. But it seemed that lately it was all ok and few problems were reported this year. So we started our drive a little bit tense, with the bribing money ready in the fake wallet and trying to drive together with other vehicles. In the end the travel was all safe and calm, just slow.
    Arriving at Agua Azul there was a mini "road block" made by children that were trying to sell some food. We bought delicious fried / dried bananas for 1.25chf just to notice that at the parking they were sold for 0.25chf 😂 these children learn early how to make money!
    When you see the Agua Azul you forget immediately about the previous stress. Just amazing clear blue water! We spent the rest of the day discovering, swimming and playing in the water like children 🙃
    The next morning we woke up very early, went for a run and a refreshing swim afterwards. We could definitely get used to this morning routine!
    Read more