Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 1 - off to Bali

    December 25, 2019 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Christmas Eve and we’re off! Room is all packed up (though no one found to rent it yet) and I said my goodbyes to Peckham.

    Flight was at 21.10 so Fran and I decided to go for a nice late lunch before heading to the airport - we went to Cecconi’s in Mayfair. We were definitely the most underdressed people there, but we had a lovely meal and a couple of glasses of Prosecco to celebrate the start of our adventure.

    Off to Heathrow on a very busy Piccadilly line and had plenty of time at the airport. FaceTimed Laura (in NZ) and Mum and Dad (in Aus) as they had just woken up on Christmas Day!

    Flight was fine, we slept most of it! We have each other a present when it turned into Xmas day which was cute- Fran got us some scratch cards and lottery tickets... sadly no luck on the scratch cards and the internet is a little dodgy so we haven’t been able to check the lottery tickets 😬. Could yet be millionaires!

    We had an hour stopover in Medan but we didn’t leave the plane and made it to Bali on time. Hotel sent a transfer and we arrived about 1.30AM and promptly fell asleep!
    Read more