Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Canggu Day 2 (NYE)

    December 31, 2019 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    NYE!

    We had a lazy morning and went for brunch at the Shady Shack, a lovely veggie cafe round the corner. There’s so much lovely veggie and vegan food here, which is great for Fran as she is vegetarian. Had a breakfast wrap and a coconut. On the way there we decided to stop off at a spa to see if they had any appointments for later and so we booked in for 1pm.

    I had a Balinese massage 60 mins for 250k which is about £13 (such a bargain). As we booked together they keep putting us in the same room, so the second couples massage of the trip for me as Fran!

    After that we went back to the hotel, went in the pool for a bit and got ready to go out for an earlyish dinner.

    We went to Penny Lane for dinner which is a super cute restaurant nearby, we got a table quite quick and had a nice meal. We then had decided we wanted to go to the Lawn for the evening, a beach club just down the road. Lots of the beach clubs had massive parties on (Finns apparently was having 12,000 people!) but this one was a little more low key and more importantly free entry! We got there about 8.30 and had a couple of drinks but decided about 10 to have a little walk along the beach. There were already fireworks going off all around us - apparently they couldn’t wait until midnight.

    We sat on the beach at a little beach bar for a bit before heading back to the Lawn for midnight. Watched even more fireworks at midnight and then wandered home about 1. The traffic was mental, complete gridlock as scooters everywhere!

    Tried to get food but everywhere was closed so we went for a quick dip in the pool when we got home and then FaceTimed Sam before passing out!

    All in all, lovely New Year’s Eve!
    Read more