Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 18

    Gili Air Day 3

    10 января 2020 г., Индонезия ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Another day of diving today!

    Started off in the pool as we needed to finish off the skills that we started yesterday. These included; taking the mask completely off and swimming and putting back on, removing the waist belt (5kg so not easy to keep balanced!) and removing and replacing the BCD (buoyancy vest) underwater and on the surface. Took about an hour, and then we went through some more theory on pressure, bars and equipment before lunch.

    After lunch we went out on another dive- to a site called bounty wreck. This is an old speedboat platform next to Gili Meno that was deliberately sunk about 20 years ago and so the coral has now taken over. The current was SO strong so we had to swim against it to see the wreck for a little bit and then we drifted really fast along the reef for about 20 minutes. It was a little tricky as I wasn’t as close to the coral as Linn (as I’m not super confident in being able to go up and down without hitting it) so I was drifting even faster than her! We practiced a couple of skills (taking off mask, floating etc) and then eventually started coming up - but the Meno statues. These are probably the most instagrammed place on the Gili islands, mostly for snorkelling as they aren’t very deep so it was pretty cool to see them!

    After diving I went for an early dinner with some people from the hostel and to the sunset. We headed back about 8 and then just sat around chatting with a few beers until bed.
    Читать далее