Satellite
  • Day 42

    Komodo national park day 2

    February 3, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Day 2 and we were awake with the sun, so about 5.45. Bit too cloudy for a sunrise but didn’t matter as were diving and 6.30 anyway!

    Went to a sea mountain called Batu Bulong which had an amazing sloping reef and reef wall which was spectacular. Little chilly but not too bad and we loved it!

    Back on the boat for breakfast and a rest before the second dive at 10.30. This one was a drift dive with a medium current- meaning you don’t try and swim just let the current take out and the boat will pick you up at the other end. This can be more challenging as you need to get your body in the right position but I think I did ok!

    Had lunch on the boat and a little more chilling before the third dive at Manta point. Saw more Manta, some huge huge ones and then Ari spotted a tiny tiny blue ringed octopus which he was super excited about (he’d only ever seen two before) so that was pretty cool!

    Back on the boat and we sailed to Padar island to climb the mountain for the amazing view- the one you get on google if you search Labuan Bajo! Was pretty spectacular- we were there just before sunset so the light was beautiful. Back on the boat for 3 of the guys to do a night dive ( you need to have done your advanced open water to do that) so the rest of us showered and had a beer. Delicious dinner and then another early night!
    Read more