Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Komodo -> Labuan Bajo

    February 5, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    Last day!

    Started off with a visit to Rinca island for dragon trekking. As usual up at 6, and on the island by 6.30. This was actually great as not only is it much much cooler at this time but the dragons are much more active. We were the only people there to which was great. When we got to the village we were waiting for the ranger and a dragon just strolled past 😬😬. They are really prehistoric animals.

    The ranger took us on a walk around the island for about 45 mins- we saw about 8 dragons which was pretty cool! Kinda scary but he seemed calm enough..!

    Back on the boat by 8.30 for breakfast and then two dives. The first dive site we had to wait a while as the tides and currents were changing but when we got it in it was great- good visibility and a really nice dive. Saw some tiny Nemos which was amazing! When we were getting out a white Manta came super close which was a nice bonus too! Second dive was the last of the trip and a lovely way to end it. 11 dives in total so now I have done 15 in total and really enjoying it. I’ve decided to do my Advanced so I can dive deeper and at night, so I’m going to go to koh Tao early (before Fran arrives) and do it there (it’s cheap there and my ex-colleague Glyn’s brother runs a dive shop who have said I can have mates rates!).

    Arrived back to LB around 4.15- we were all staying in Seaesta so we headed there and showered before going to Paradise bar for sunset cocktails, Ari one of the dive instructors joined us as well (such a lovely man!). Dinner and more drinks at le Pirate but bed by 12 as it’s low season so nowhere open very late!
    Read more