Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Cemoro Lawang -> Probolinggo

    February 9, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ 🌧 28 °C

    Alarm went off at 3.15 this morning 😬😬 was raining a bit when I woke up which wasn’t a good start...

    We had met a Swiss girl in Surabaya who was doing a private tour and she said that we could hop in her car this morning to drive halfway up the viewpoint, which was excellent and probably saved us about 30 mins of walking. Nevertheless we still had to walk a long way up in the dark (about 3km and 400m of up!) which was tiring! All the way it was very dark and misty, but we hoped that when we got to the top and the sun rose it would clear up. We got to the viewpoint we were aiming for about 4.45 so we had 45 mins to wait and it got cold- luckily I had brought all the layers.

    Sadly the cloud did not clear so we saw nothing! There were about 10 of us up there so we all had a laugh and headed down. At least we did some early morning exercise! We saw a German couple we had chatted to yesterday- turned out they were headed to Probolinggo same as me and same hostel and had a taxi booked so we arranged for them to pick me up after breakfast.

    Said goodbye to Hidde as he was off to Ijen with the Swiss girl and got in the car. We arrived at Probolinggo about 10 and luckily the hostel let us check in at 11 so I had a nap. There’s not a lot to do here so when I got up I had lunch, bought some more phone data and walked to the train station to collect my ticket for tomorrow and then headed back. Had a chilled afternoon catching up on some Netflix and then spoke to mum dad and Laura.

    Went for a dinner near the hostel- got chatting to the owners who were Indonesian and had just got back from living in the US. Lovely Indonesian/Japanese food!
    Read more