Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Jungle trekking day 2

    February 17, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Woke up in the jungle! Wasn’t the best nights sleep I’ve had but not too bad. Sun came back out for us which was lovely too. We had a choice this morning to go to a small waterfall nearby or to do a few more hours trekking- but to do that we would have had to walk back up the hill so we chose waterfall! It was just a few hundred meters up the river so we walked up there and swam and hung out for a while. Our guides had clearly done this before because they had a rock with dissolved stone that made colours and did us ‘jungle makeup’ and gave us fern crowns! Was pretty fun and a nice way to spend a morning. On the way back to camp we saw a monitor lizard- a really big lizard just bathing which was cool! And then about 40/50 monkeys came by on the other side of the river so we sat and watched them for ages!

    After lunch we got into 4 rings they had tied together to raft/tube back into town. Took about 40 minutes and was pretty fun! Got back about 2 and we were soaked so I got my room, showered and generally chilled out all afternoon. Again we were so lucky as it started raining about 30 mins after we got back. Had dinner with Alexis and Jon and then had a long overdue FaceTime with Kate!
    Read more