Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 84

    Yangon -> Bangkok -> London

    March 16, 2020 in England ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    Woke up this morning and decided I needed to book that flight home, so did that after breakfast. The flight is at 19.50 so still had most of the day free.

    Checked out and the Faustine and I went to go and try to take the circular train which is supposed to be quite an experience. Unfortunately we missed one and had to wait over an hour (we thought but it was quite confusing) so we decided to leave and not take it! As it’s my last day we decided to for a really nice lunch and I’d read good things about Rangoon Tea House. Was a lovely lovely lunch in a very cute cafe. Even had a chocolate dessert!

    Headed back to the hostel and showered and chilled for a couple of hours. Spoke to a few other people and everyone’s booking flights home so I feel glad I have mine. Took a Grab to the airport where there was a long check in but got all checked in and had a beer before take off, it had been a stressful day so needed it! Sad to be leaving after only 2 days but had a really nice vibe from Myanmar so I will definitely be back to see the rest of the country.

    All flights on time, quick 2 hours at Bangkok with no issues (not even temperature checked!) and then on the flight to London. Both flights were full, think a lot of people had changed travel plans to come home. All went smoothly and managed to sleep. Arrived in London at 6.20 and was picked up by mum and dad- very pleased to see them! Airport very quiet, and home soon. All in all gutted to end my trip early but relieved to be home before the global situation gets worse.

    ❤️ 🌎
    Read more