Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Perth - leaving

    February 8, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 29 °C

    Leaving home for our trip to Busso and beyond.
    Full of intentions for an early start on the road. But had not totally allowed for the time involved in getting every last spare spot in the caravan packed with something.
    We had weighed the caravan the previous day, with water on board and were slightly overweight already. Now I was witnessing a stream of other provisions and not so necessaries coming aboard. Just had to offer up a hopeful wish that the highway patrol were not going to be in our neck of the woods for our trip.
    Anyway, we eventually got away by 10am and there ensued a fairly uneventful tril down the freeway towards Busselton.
    Arrived at Amblin caravan park. A large park right next to the beach. Not sure how we managed it, but we had the prime site at the far end of the park, with a 50m walk to the beach. And close to other amenities as well.
    Easy set up and then spent some time down the beach and had a quick swim. Beaut weather and amazing ocean to swim in.
    A visit to IGA for some more provisions, since on the trip down, some of the on board provisions had been moved around and settled down, thereby creating some more space which needed to be filled!!
    Fabs and Mel and kids arrived at about 7pm. They were located down the other end of the camp near the swimming pool, and by all accounts, Fabs had quite a bit of difficulty getting onto a tight site, but managed it in the end.
    We all had dinner at our van - prawns and rice, which were a bit average, but no ill effects afterwards, thank goodness.
    Quiet night.
    Read more