Satellite
  • Day 6

    Sunday around Augusta - again

    April 7, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    The day started (and finished) with good sunshine weather.
    We had decided to have a game of golf at the famous Augusta golf course, where they play the Masters. Imagine our disappointment when we arrived, to find nobody there (a week out from the big tournament) and also to find oil/sand greens on the course !!
    So, we decided to give it a miss.
    The real reason for not playing was that we had to pay for the round using the honour system, and we did not have the right money on hand. Nobody around to ask for change, and about an hour after our round, there was a big local Sunday tournament being held there. And to cap it off, there was a dire sounding warning notice about how our future lives were going to be irreparably damaged if we did not pay correctly before our round commenced.
    So, we woosed out and instead drove to Hamelin Bay. Even though we knew how to get there, we decided to follow the car's satnav directions. It took us along a very obscure route which was about 5kms longer than it should have been.
    But a beautiful time at Hamelin Bay. Great weather and quite a few people around, looking for the rays. There were a few around that were quite friendly, but not as good as the ones we saw in Augusta in the river.
    In the later afternoon, we did another drive around Augusta, and then followed by some shopping.
    We did not partake in the 5pm social gathering, but managed to watch the Eagles dispose of Collingwood in the footy. Good to see.
    Read more