Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Loooooong day.

    October 6, 2022 in Iceland ⋅ ⛅ 39 °F

    We landed in Iceland at 2:30 AM our time (6:30 Iceland time). We took a ride to get our camper and went all day long. The first thing you notice is the scenery…..it feels like you are driving on the moon. Or Mars. Or a combination of both. Or a volcano… ha.
    We made several stops. First a bridge that is straddling two different tectonic plates. Saw some incredible views. Along the way, we met some locals. They were very friendly. Actually a little too friendly, they followed us back to our car. I thought they were trying to steal things from us until I realized that everyone here is just really nice. We did decide to go to several places that they mentioned. And a route that not many people drive on. We loved it!
    In the evening we went for some delicious dinner, and a brew pub where we ended up spending time with some locals for several hours. Every 20 minutes, I ran outside to see if there were any northern lights. And guess what!!? There were none... After that we went to our campsite and passed out after like 36 hours no sleep. Apparently there were some amazing northern lights, but we were too pooped to witness any of them. Today was even more incredible and even more exhausting. We will update you soon!
    Read more