Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    La Sagrada Familia - Goudi pt 2

    August 14, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Okay, if there's one thing I would tell you to google, it's this one! I think I was dragging my jaw on the ground walking through this mass because of how fascinating, beautiful, and technical the design of this structure is. Pictures do not do justice! So this is Goudi's main piece that he started in 1873 but never finished because he was struck by a tram in 1923 🙄 good thing he left behind many designs and models so as of today, the building is still in construction. Once the building is done, the tallest tower will be 1 meter shorter than the tallest mountain in Barcelona because Goudi believed that a man's creation could never be greater than God. The inside of this building was fascinating. Again, his work revolved around nature so the pillars were all like trees branching out. The stained glass was also truly amazing in the colours used and just beautiful. Also, all the pillars revolve around a factor of 7.5 meters. Whether that is they are each 7.5m away from each other, height, etc. Cool!!!! Finally, when Goudi was planning how to build these structures, he would build them upside down with setting and sandbags to determine areas of greater forces requiring more support.

    Alrighty!! Thank you Barcelona :)) now off the Callela which is a hour and a half drive to Ben's aunt and uncle's BEACH HOUSE WOOHOO!!
    Read more