Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    A day in Paris

    August 18, 2022 in France ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Paris in 30 hours!!! Alex is another swimmer from dal that has also been travelling so we spent the day together! We walked to the Eiffel tower, the arch, the louver (it is MASSIVE - Ben said you could spend a week there and I believe it), the Montmartre, and walked down 44th Ave! Also had a DELISH pizza. YUM. I also continued to meet more people at the hostel. This hostel was super social starting the night with free wine and cheese and happy hour :) I met some Aussie's, Germans, Canadians?!, and a guy from Ukraine. It seems everyone is going from Paris to Amsterdam so maybe we'll meet up again along the way :)) some side things, we saw a full band just playing in the train station - very cool! and this guy FULLY scamming travellers near the Eiffel tower with finding a ball under the correct cup. Costs 100 euros to play 😱 We watched and honestly he's smart in that he changes the cups when people look down in their wallet to grab their money. And guess what...it worked! Silly people 🙄 anyways overall great day seeing some of the world's most popular destination!

    Next stop: Brussels to spend a night with my dad's cousin Lieke!🤗🥰
    Read more