Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    From Warrnambool to Kyneton

    November 11, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Friday we left Warrnambool, but not before taking some pictures of the beautiful gardens that abound in the towns here. People generally have small lots and make the most of their front yards by planting wonderful gardens. There are tons of roses, and many other flowers and bushes that make these towns absolutely lovely to drive through.
    We had quite a long drive and decided to go through Grampions National Park. Here huge rock faces suddenly jut up out of the relatively flat landscape. While having our picnic lunch in a small town at the edge of the park, we were admiring some flowering bushes and realized that some very pretty birds were in them. A local told us they were peach-faced lorikeets. What a rich selection of bird life here.
    We were greeted at our timeshare by grey kangaroos just outside our cabin. There were four there, but the star was a mother with a rather large Joey in her pouch. At first all we saw were its legs sticking out at impossible angles, but as we watched (for quite a long time) it climbed out for a minute and got back in with its head poking out, the way you would expect. At dusk they left here and haven't been back today. I guess they aren't our private group, after all.
    Read more