Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 31

    Roamin' Thru Rome

    6 sierpnia 2023, Włochy ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    A slow start to the day meant that we made it to Piazza Navona (about 250m from where we are staying) by 11.30 and it was time for breakfast.

    After a wander around the piazza we headed back to our apartment (via an art shop) for lunch and a memorial meeting.

    During the meeting we did our reading from Samuel and also read Acts 28 and Romans 16 and talked about what it would've been like for Paul and the brothers and sisters living in Rome in the 1st Century.

    After the meeting we headed out for a walk to the Colosseum and to also see the Arch of Titus and Constantine's Arch. Our Colosseum tour had been cancelled as the Colosseum is open free of charge on the first Sunday of the month. However, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

    We then caught an Uber home and had dinner at home. We have found that sometimes there is a gulf between the ideal and reality when it comes to meals. We have eaten out some nights but often eaten on the go (probably not always a balanced diet, but we have offset it with lots of walking and climbing stairs).

    After dinner we walked to the Trevi Fountain only to find half of Rome had the same idea. A couple of quick pics and we left and followed our Italian custom of finding a gelati store (it's more like they find us) and getting a gelati to finish off the day and to energise weary legs to get home (which involves 90 steps from the front door to our door).
    Czytaj więcej