Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Awful hike and great climbing

    September 24, 2019 in Croatia ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    This morning, we woke up at 6:15, had breakfast and then walked downtown to the bus station. We took a half hour bus to Omis and set up our gear. Omis has 300 different routes and over 8 areas, we chose an area that was really popular, there were a bunch of groups with guides. We tried two different routes and me and my dad both lead climbed one of the routes. The rock face went up about 300m, but we only climbed up to 23m. The morning had been a good temperature, but by 12:00 it was really hot.

    We ate lunch and then hiked up 303m elevation gain over 2km to the Starigrad fortress, which was built at the end of the 14th century, early 15 century. The fortress had a crew of 15 men to protect Omis against the Ottomans. The hike to the fortress was through a forest and uphill for 45 minutes. We also each had our big heavy backpacks with our climbing gear that we needed to carry up. It was really hard and not fun at all, but the view at the top was worth it. We got to go into the fortress from the 16th century and could see lots of rock faces, trees and Omis down below. After taking lots of photos, we hiked down and went to a restaurant to eat french fries. We then walked back to the bus stop and took the bus back to Split.

    Sophie
    ___
    Ce matin, on a réveillé tôt à 6h15. On a mangé le déjeuner et on a marché au centre ville pour prendre un autobus à Omis. Omis a 300 différents routes pour escalader et plus de 8 différents murs. On a essayé deux des routes, on a choisi un mur qui était très populaire. Il y avait des groupes avec des guides qui ont pris la plupart des routes faciles. Il y avait beaucoup d’autres murs autour de nous et c’était très haut, 300m, on a seulement grimper à 23m. Ce n’était pas trop chaud dans le matin, mais vers 12h c’est devenu très chaud alors on a randonnée vers la forteresse Starigrad. C’était à travers un foret très pour environ 303m en haut pour 2km on a entré dans la forteresse. On pouvait voire tout les montagnes et les personnes qui faisait l’escalade. La forteresse est du 16ième siècle. On a pris beaucoup de photos et après on a descendu. On a trouvé un restaurant et on a mangé des frites. On a pris l’autobus pour retourner à Split, l’autobus a pris environ 30 minutes.
    Read more