Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 93

    Everest Base Camp Trek - Day 5

    December 1, 2019 in Nepal ⋅ ☀️ -9 °C

    Tengboche - Dingboche
    Dingboche rest day 4,350m

    We woke up really early in Tengboche to start trekking. It's better to start early so we have the afternoon in the next place and if you start too late, then you have to stop for lunch. We really enjoy stopping for lunch and not have to trek any further. It was pretty cold in the morning. We all started out in jackets and mitts, but took them off when the sun came up.

    We ended up by mostly trekking with a group of british people. We were around the same speed as them, and it wasn't until the end of the day when we slowed down that they went ahead of us. Most of the people we saw on the trail were people who we had talked to at some point, or at least recognized.

    It wasn't too hard at first, most of the day was a gradual incline with some flat and a bit of dowhill. At the end of the day however, it got way harder, when we got to the 45 mins of uphill and it ended up being a 6 hour day. Everyone who we had passed and all the signs had said we only had 30 minutes left, but it ended up being more like an hour and a half of trekking uphill!

    When we got to the first lodge, it was full so we had to go a little farther to the next lodge. We had lunch there and got settled and relaxed for the rest of the day!

    Sophie
    Read more