Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 96

    Everest Base Camp - Day 7

    December 4, 2019 in Nepal ⋅ ☀️ -10 °C

    Today we trekked from Dingboche to Dugla. The trekking was fairly straightforward after a half an hour of uphill. We stayed in Dugla overnight and spent quite a bit of time in the main dining room of the lodge. There were lots of other trekkers at the lodge. We met a couple from Nepal who taught us a new card game, so we stayed playing card games until around 8:00 pm. It was really fun!! The next morning we took our time because we were only planning on trekking to Lobuche, which was only a 2.5 hour trek away. We are getting so close to Gorek Shep and Everest Base Camp!

    When we got to Lobuche, my mom and dad decided we should continue trekking to Gorek Shep because it was still early in the day! It was another 3 hour trek to Gorak Shep, but it would mean that we would be there and could trek to EBC the following day. The trek into Gorak Shep was really challenging because we had to trek through a boulder field that kept going up and down. It was also really, really windy and there were several times when it felt like we would get blown off of the hill.

    When we arrived in Gorak Shep, we rested, as my sister was really tired and not feeling well! For the most part, we hung out in the lodge because it was warmer and other trekkers we had met along the way were also there.

    Sophie
    Read more