Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 165

    McRitchie Resevoir Park - Part II

    February 11, 2020 in Singapore ⋅ 🌧 29 °C

    The main reason I wanted to explore McRichtie Park was to walk across a 25 metre suspension bridge. What I didn’t realize is that it was a 1 hour hike to get to said bridge and then another hour to complete the loop. If you’ve been reading our blog post on a regular basis, you will know that my girls are not the keenest hikers, unless it involves the world’s tallest mountain. They were not impressed that I was yet again, making them hike. It was also threatening rain.

    The hike was fairly easy in my opinion and took us through primary forest along boardwalks. Unfortunately, about 20 minutes into our hike, it started to rain. At first, it wasn’t too bad, but after about another 20 minutes, it started to pore! However, by this time, we were well on our way to seeing the suspension bridge, and macaque monkeys, so we persevered. Neve was most unhappy and again, blamed for this excursion. By the time we got to the suspension bridge, we were pretty soaked despite wearing raincoats, but I think it was still a great hike. We got to see macaque monkeys and the suspension bridge took us over the treetops, which was really beautiful. After we finished our hike, we took two buses to get home to get dried off and out of our wet clothes and got ready to head over to the Gardens by the Bay - see Part III.

    Clarinda
    Read more