Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 146

    Vancouver and Whistler, BC part 2

    October 21, 2017 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 6 °C

    Back in Vancouver! But even more exciting this time because Maddie's mum has made the trip over to share some time in Vancouver with us. She made the trip over all on her own which for a very nervous flyer is incredibly brave! We explored a lot of downtown Vancouver and did A LOT of walking. Vancouver is a nice city, but really busy even when you get out of town.
    The highlight of the week had to be Whistler though. We hired a car for the day to drive up there and ended up with a huge Dodge 4x4! Slightly ridiculous car, but it was actually quite fun to drive and a bit of a guilty pleasure :). The drive up the Sunshine Coast is stunning and the beautiful sunshine made it even better. It was pretty cold up in Whistler with some snow on the ground. The town is very touristy, but very quaint and even better in the off season! We walked up to a few lakes and were so lucky to see the autumn colours around the lakes and reflected in the water! Whistler is really a lovely village, but I can imagine it's a bit overrun and commercial in the peak season.
    It was so lovely to spend time with mum, but it really did make us realise how much we miss home and family. She (hopefully) had a wonderful time though and even spent a few days in Vancouver on her own!
    Read more