Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Wo ist der König das Pöbels?

    June 27, 2016 in Germany ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    Day 2 in Prague, and all I have to say, it was the most beautiful city I have ever seen & I will return someday.

    We headed out around 12:00pm to go see St Charles Bridge in the day light, St Nicholas Church(where shaunessa's boyfriend was baptised, & Prague Castle.

    We tried so hard to go through the exit so we didnt have to pay but we got kicked out immediately (hehe oops) Shaunessa went inside to go get some pictures, while Breanna and I sat on the steps outside pondering how people looked so good in europe without even trying. So not fair.

    Once done at St. Nicholas Church, we headed up to go see Prague Castle. This was one of the most gorgeous structures I have ever seen.

    We went to a garden afterwards to have a picnik lunch where we ate peanut butter sandwhiches, sliced cucumbers, chips and had a 2L bottle of wine (in total cost was 2.50$ each -- prague is so cheap).

    Then we OBVIOUSLY haddddddddd to go back to get another icecream donut magic goodess that was made the hands of God.

    We sat outside at the same place. This German guy, Oli, took a picture of the sign and asked us what blizzard meant, so we told him a harsh snow storm, & he responded "oh cause where I come from it means when you have to go to the bathroom, like "i have to go take a blizzard".....& this is where the nigth began.

    He stood there talking to us for 30 minutes before offering to buy us a beer... And one turned into 2 and 2 turned into staying out until 5:30 am. We didnt open our wallets once last night, I can tell you that much.

    This German guy was part of a soccer team, who we partyed with until dawn. The only thing that you need to know is "don't trust the Pöbels"

    After the hour walk home... With TOO much stumbling & questions, we made it back to our airbnb with a whole 2 hours to sleep. I, woke up completely sober, no hangover ready to go. Breanna on the another hand was still completely HAMMERED. Like to the point when she stood up, she fell on her ass.

    Another lesson to take away from our time in Prague, is DONT PACK & DRINK, your bag WILL be 100x heavier than your own body weight & half of your things wont fit in the bag. Ask Breanna who is carrying half her luggage in her carry on because she couldnt figure out how to get everything back in.

    After check out, we ventured to find some hangover food. Yes, we found mcdos. After we nursed our hangovers, we dropped off our bags at the bus station & headed out for one last walk across prague... All the way to the Dancing House, where two buildings lean up agaisnt eachother.

    We also went searching for a Czech hockey jersey, which apperently are not a thing during "off" season. Us Canadians dont know what off season is.....

    We are now safely on our way to Amsterdam & passing through germany on an awesome coach bus with tables, wifi, and TONS of leg room & TONS of time to update you on our adventures in Prague.

    Until next time,
    Xoxo Pöbel
    Read more